I think mascaras are the only thing I would not splurge on. I know there are several high-end cult favorites but I feel like there are so many excellent drugstore mascaras that I cant justify spending $30-40+ for one. They also have a short life-span, they start getting clumpy and thick and they just don’t work as well as they would new. Overtime, I have tried numerous drugstore mascara but the following 3 are ones that I have repurchased over and over.
- My most favorite mascara of all time, Maybelline Falsies. I have went through a few of these already. I keep repurchasing it and loving it. This is a must have if you are looking to try something new. It gives volume and is black. It gets clumpy but its a good clumpy, to give it more volume rather than a spidery look.
- L’Oreal Telescopic, I love using this in conjunction with any other volumizing mascara. The short bristles gives great length and separates the eyelashes very nicely. I will use this by itself when I’m going for a no makeup makeup look. This will be great for someone with short eyelashes.
- Sephora Outrageous Volume, although this isn’t sold at the drugstore, the price point is the same. I bought this on a whim, it is travel size but I plan to get the full sized soon. I love this mascara, when I want a glam look without false lashes, this is my go to. Its very black and gives lots of volume, you have to be a little careful though it can get clumpy really fast, so just take your time while applying this.
Other favorites that I do not own at the moment but have tried and will repurchase.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black
- Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam ( in the black and white tube)
- Maybelline Lash Sensational
Kinza G Khan